Your Board of Trustees has many responsibilities; ensuring that the books are updated and maintained so you may report to your members. Below are a few of the functions we can help you with:
- Clean and maintain the QuickBooks file or other customized accounting software.
- Create a chart of accounts consistent with the Board of Trustees reporting needs.
- Record approved vendor invoices into QuickBooks file and process payments of such invoices on paper checks or via online banking.
- Record deposits of contributions received per donor and purpose.
- Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Preparation and mailing of annual contribution letters to members.
- Payroll processing and reporting:
- Employees are paid via direct deposit or paper checks.
- Make appropriate payroll tax liability deposits to the IRS & State electronically.
- Prepare the quarterly IRS form 941, and all required State payroll forms.
- Annual W2’s and 1099-Misc.
- Preparation of the Board of Trustee financial reports.
- Coordinate and assist the Independent Auditor regarding the annual audit or review statements of the organization.
What our clients are saying…
Our church has been a client of BYB for 10 years. It has been a joy to work with an organization that has professional, knowledgeable and friendly staff. We look forward to the next years.
Mt. Lebanon Baptist Church
Peekskill, New York
Business of Your Business is a valuable asset to the operation of Jackson Memorial A.M.E Zion Church. BYB Tax Service assures that our Quarterly and Yearly Tax filings are completed in a timely manner. BYB Bookkeeping Service helps us keep our books up to date. The format used enables us to easily define our Income flow and our categorized Expenses. Furthermore, BYB agents are accessible, accountable and reliable and ready to assist us with any questions or problems that may arise. We highly recommend BYB services to other churches and nonprofit organizations.
Jackson Memorial AME Zion Church
George Ashley - Steward Board Secretary